Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Didn't catch any fish, but picked wild blackberries




This past weekend I went fishing with my husband. Unfortunately, we did not have much luck with the fish. Instead we had some great luck finding some wild blackberry bushes. Eating fresh fruit right from the source is one of the best experiences of summer. After we became intoxicated on fresh berries, it was time for some variety. The next morning I made blackberry pancakes for breakfast and blackberry pie for dinner. What a great way to end a weekend.





































1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy Cara! I sure have missed you. Actually Jimmy and I were talking about you yesterday and he was saying how much he likes you as one of my friends...random but I thought it was sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete